Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thing 9 - Collaboration

Well, Google Docs is not at all intuitive. I finally found the link for "take a guided tour." I can see that if you're starting with a text/Word document, it may be an excellent way for people to edit it and see group changes. I wonder if some of the problems with the Declaration is that we're working with an image rather than a text file?

I uploaded a Word doc and played around with it. Yep, this would be useful, and particularly if you were working on a project with people not in your building - something like an MLA or ALA committee or such. So I took my document and published it to my blog and it worked - it's the post two below this, the PA announcement.

I think I like Zoho Writer better, although trying to edit the Declaration was again frustrating. It must be the image vs. text doc thing. I did another sample doc and published it to the blog. I'd like to find a real-world use and try this out.

Oh, wait. I just published this and looked at it, and it posted this message BELOW the two sample documents from Google Docs and Zoho Writer. Hmmm....

No comments: