Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 14 - LibraryThing

I kinda like LibraryThing for Libraries - I wish I'd had enough time at PLA last week to stop at their booth and get some more information. It would be very nice for patrons to be able to quickly get this kind of similar book recommendations - and particularly for fiction where there aren't as many subject headings.

I'm on a listserv of readers where a bunch of people are quite taken with GoodReads, so I need to check that out. (On the other hand, I seem to be creating a huge list of books I want to read very nicely on my own without getting recommendations from outside....I need to live a very long time!)

I've added a few books to my profile on LibraryThing and clicked around a bit. This is a site that probably requires you to spend quite a bit of time on it in order to reap much benefit.

No comments: