Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thing 33 - Travel 2.0

There are some fun sites in this Thing. I found another blog to follow (swell - more to read...). I looked at several of the travel sites and searched Clearwater Beach, FL, which is one of my favorite vacation spots.

I tried the Mapness travel journal site, and it would be another way to do a map of Strikepoint's tour routes. It's easier to use than Google Maps, and gives the option of automatically connecting two points by roads, rather than the user having to draw the route on the map. On the other hand, it chooses the roads it will connect by, and there's no editing option.

Vcarious looks like a fun site and could be useful if you're planning a trip to somewhere where its users have posted info. Lots of options for creating online journals with photos and maps, lists of restaurants and sights to see, etc.

I suppose that some of these could be linked on my library's Internet sites by subject Travel list, but other than that I'm not seeing a whole lot of library application.

No comments: