Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thing 30 - RSS and Delicious Redux

When I opened my blog just now, I really focused on the Clustr map. My gosh - there are people from all over the world reading this! (And I wonder why???...) That's amazing!

One of my favorite Things from the first round was blogs. I have found a LOT of them that are fun and interesting and pretty and useful. I added a subscribe button to my browser toolbar so it is way too easy to follow a link, read a blog and sign up. Easier to sign up than to keep up. (So I should do some weeding!) It was, therefore, quite heartening to read the Seven Tips for Making the Most of Your RSS Reader article and to see that #1 was...Oversubscribe! I can DO that! 

The same tip was #1 in the article about "wildly successful delicious users." I've recently added several bookmarks to my delicious account (the problem there is remembering what I used for a username & password!). 

I'd like to get more in the habit of using delicious both for home and work, and I want to explore using delicious bookmark lists on my library website. I did add a couple subscriptions to find out when new bookmarks are added in a couple categories.

I also looked at 43marks.com and really liked it. I think it's a much more user-friendly format than delicious. I need to play around with this more too.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Isn't it kind of exciting to see all the places people come from? You wonder how they find your blog. Love your observation on RSS about oversubscribe. Just read that delicious and bookmarking use has really climbed since 2005 and can now be used to track trends with some certainty.