Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thing 25.3

I added a photo widget from Good Widgets. Not difficult to do, but kinda time consuming (also interrupted by a desk shift, lunch and creation of some summer reading program materials). 

I did add the ClustrMap to my Strikepoint website. Scroll to the bottom of the homepage to see it.

I need to go and do some work now, but I've been thinking about the widgets. They're very fun and slick, but I don't know how useful a lot of them are in a library setting. I know some libraries run their websites entirely through blogs, which seems limiting to me. So far a lot of the widgets I've seen are basically designed to be used on blogs and are maybe more appropriate for personal blogs than for a business (which is what a library is). I am going to look at a Google Map widget and see if it would work on our website to map our locations, so that would be useful. The photo widget I added would be great but the maximum number of photos it sorts is 10. I guess you could put a widget of 10 photos on a bunch of different pages...

No comments: