Monday, February 9, 2009

Thing 25.1.2 - Not always a good thing

So I have discovered a problem with the mail-to-blogger feature, at least as it works with my email program. If I copy myself with an email, which I often do, our software autofills in the address and it's choosing the "mail-to-blogger" address, so emails which are not public were showing up on the blog. Now I could go in and delete the address from my address book, but the next time I used the mail-to-blogger feature - assuming that I would remember the address! - the problem would be back. So far I've deleted three posts that shouldn't appear here and I'm waiting for something else to show up.

For me the solution will be to disable the mail feature. If I can figure out how...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing this; I had wondered about some of the posts which were obviously meant for tech support or work info. All is now clear. But you've brought this to light and shared it with us so now we know what to look out for. Thanks!