Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thing 4 - Flickr


I've heard a lot about people using Flickr and I think I looked around the site a couple summers ago, but this is the first time I've taken a little more time to explore. I looked at the photos that were uploaded on my birthday, and then I looked for photos from the Lake District in England, where I was a couple summers ago. Some people are truly amazing photographers! I like that this is a way to protect photographs from fire, computer crashes, etc. So I may need to look into this for my photos at home. I've had a digital camera for a little over a year and have uploaded lots of photos to my computer but haven't printed many yet. Flickr would be a good backup mechanism.
Next day.....well, trying to upload the photo didn't work well. I asked a coworker who blogged that she was finally able to do it with someone else's help, and that worked....sort of. The photo I was trying to do just showed up as a big white blank spot in my blog. And I tried another one of the same person's shots and had the same result. So for some reason she doesn't want anyone to be able to use her photos, I guess. They weren't labeled in any way. So I've looked for another photo (taken by "GA music maker") and was able to get it to display.
Here's the link:
And here's the relevant part of the instructions for why the first photo I wanted wouldn't work:

The things I wanted to paste in above - the link and the instructions - show down below but not in line with the rest of the text. Sigh. I'm going to publish this and go on.

No comments: