Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thing 1 - Blog & Avatar

This is not something that I ever expected to do, as I don't feel a need to share my life on the Internet. On the other hand, I've found blogs I enjoy reading, so perhaps turn about is fair play!

One of the things we're really lacking at my library is time to learn and learn about new things, so this program, which mandates some learning time, will be great. Setting up the blog was very easy and took only a few minutes. I've been to workshops previously where we set up blogs, so I did know that it wasn't difficult. 

So, creating the avatar was fun! It's a lot like playing paper dolls, but with the instant computer-y gratification of seeing changes immediately implemented. I didn't realize there were all those choices available - fun outfits, subtle changes in things like eyeglass colors (!!), backgrounds and even pets (but no springer spaniels! :(  ). Very cool. I can see how these things (blogs, avatars, etc.) can become addictive time-suckers!

No comments: