Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thing 3 - RSS

The problem that I have with blogs is that I forget/don't have time to go back and read them. So RSS should be a great help for that - right?? Now I just need to really MAKE time to check my Bloglines account. I had set this up after a workshop last summer and it was indeed very easy. And there are so many blogs out there on such an incredible variety of topics that it would be pretty easy to spend nearly all your time reading blogs! Not such a great thing in the workplace! 

But I did add some that I had bookmarked in my browser and I will make a point of trying to stay caught up. I have some others bookmarked on another computer that I'll look at and probably add to Bloglines.

As far as which tool was easier, when I set up the Bloglines account last summer, I did a little exploring and did find interesting blogs. But what I think will work better for me is rather than searching for blogs, I need to take note of blogs that I come across other ways - journal articles, listserv emails, websites, etc. - and follow through that way.

OK - off now to check Bloglines!

No comments: