Monday, May 4, 2009

Thing 38 - Screencasting

This is very cool. I can foresee load of library applications for this! I tried several apps - Jing, Skitch, Screencast-o-matic (who wouldn't love the name!) - and I think they all will be useful in various ways.

The screencast I made, using Screencast-o-matic, was on how to renew library materials online. This is something I will use on our website, but will probably re-do it and add some more details. The info in the training screencast on how to embed something into a blog or website doesn't work, however. There isn't an option for getting the widget and an embed code. So I'm not sure how this is going to go....



Worked! I'm really excited about the opportunities here.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well done screencast. I'm sure your library patrons will be grateful for such good explanations on how to do things like this. This is one of those free apps that makes you want to dance a little happy dance with all the possibilities for it.