Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 22 - Keeping Up

I HAVE learned a lot from this project. And perhaps one of the most important things is that "I don't have time" - even when I DON'T have time! - isn't a good enough reason to not explore new tools/websites/services. I can't possibly finish all the work that I have to do, even if I don't try to keep up with technology trends. So I should find out about those trends and see if they can help me with my workload.

I clicked through all the links listed in this Thing and added quite a few to my Bloglines account and then added a couple websites to del.ici.ous (or wherever the dots are...).

I'm really glad that I've found some of the tech-related blogs and will make a point of reading them (and some others, just for fun!) regularly. Taking some time at the beginning and at the end of the day, if possible, is the easiest way that I've found to keep up with my email and check blog postings. It also eases me into and out of the work day.

There's a comment at the end of this Thing description about Things 24-56 - with a link. I followed that.....and there are certainly many more Things to explore! (It's called Library 2.1!) This is a learning/training project for the Charlotte & Mecklenburg County library system. I also looked at their first 23 Things list, which is a little different than the one we've been working on. So I will explore that as well. They seem to get started more slowly than we did, so I'll have to see if they covered as much territory as our 23 Things.

1 comment:

Linda said...

We got our idea from the Charlotte & Mecklenburg project, but adapted it for Minnesota.