Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing 18 - YouTube

How fun! I found library drill teams and library Christmas cards. The library dominoes were great. 

I added some video to my library website a couple weeks ago. We're doing a big remodeling project and I took 3 short videos with my digital camera of the stack movers moving a big heavy range of bookshelves. Here's the first one. The hardest part was converting the footage from the camera into a format that YouTube could use. It had to be compressed and took me a while to figure that out. But the process of uploading was really easy.

(My handbell ensemble also has a video on YouTube. I didn't take this, or upload it, but I'm in it!)



I think YouTube and Google Video are great ways to publicize library programs, present tutorials on how to use library resources or the catalog. There was a great video at PLA last week that Denver PL (I think) used to advertise their teen summer reading program. This was a great idea and I'm hoping that we can do more with video here.

No comments: